When you receive your Pokémon, you can level them up much like the main games. However, there are ways to augment them. Each Pokémon has got a special area, known as Power Charms where you can attach Power Stones. There are 9 different sockets for a Pokémon and it changes with each different Pokémon, even of the same species. Certain slots only allow for certain attributes as well.
As you level your Pokémon up, more slots will open up. To utilise them, you can access Power Stones. There are two different kinds of stones to put in. The red ones increase your Pokémon's Attack while the blue ones increase the Pokémon's Hit Points. Each Power Stone has got its own unique value which increases the stat of the Pokémon.
In addition to that, you can also get bronze, silver and gold Power Stones of each type. These each have an different special ability with the percentage varying between stones.
- Critical Hit Rate (%) - Increases the chances you'll land a Critical Hit
- Critical Hit Damage (%) - Increases the damage you'll inflict with a Critical Hit
- Natural Healing (%) - Increases the health your Pokémon naturally recovers
- Hit Healing (%) - Increases the health regained through attacks
- Healing from K.O. (%) - Increases health after the Pokémon lands a KO
- Time to Recover (%) - Speeds up the time it takes for the Pokémon to recover after being knocked out
- HP upon Recovery (%) - Increases the health regained after being knocked out
- Resistant to Effects (%) - Increases resistance to certain effects
- Resistant to Status Conditions (%) - Increases resistance to status conditions
- Movement Speed (%) - Increases the Pokémon's speed
Every 10 levels you successfully complete, you'll get an Expedition Bonus. This means that when you complete the next level, you're guaranteed to get a gold Power Stone.