Like the previous games in the series, Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, in addition to adding multiple new attacks, also has updated numerous old moves with either new accuracy or new base power. This page details all of the moves with these changes. It will be updated as we discover more
|Rapid Spin||SW/SH||40||50||100||A spin attack that can also eliminate such moves as Bind, Wrap, and Leech Seed. This also raises the user's Speed stat.|
|Multi-Attack||SW/SH||10||120||100||Cloaking itself in high energy, the user slams into the target. The memory held determines the move's type.|
Non-Stat Based Alterations
There are also some Non-Stat Based alterations to moves.
- Defog now removes Terrains in addition to Entry Hazards and Screens
- Electric Terrain's boosts for Electric-type moves has been reduced to 30%
- Grassy Terrain's boosts for Grass-type moves has been reduced to 30%
- Howl boosts Attack for both user and any ally on the field
- King's Shield will now only lower opponent's Attack by 1 stage rather than 2.
- Psychic Terrain's boosts for Psychic-type moves has been reduced to 30%
- Rapid Spin will now boost Speed.
- Sucker Punch in Double Battles now only activates if the target was going to attack the user.